Monday, January 06, 2014

Would you please consider this...







This is a post from our dear friend Aria Edwards. (pictured with Madelyn on the right!) Please read it, consider giving a 10.00 gift, and pass it along to everyone you know!!!! Thank you sooooo much!
The Winslow Gang!


"Hey! As most of you know I have been on two missions trips with Global
Encounters in the summers of 2012 and 2013! Both of these trips have
challenged me in my faith and drawn me closer to God, in ways I didn't think
possible! As most of you know, I've been trying to attend a 5 week language
school in Chiapas Mexico, to learn Spanish. This is an intense school, a
total immersion into the language and the culture. I first applied for this
team in September of 2012, but not enough people signed up to make the team.

I was diagnosed with Lyme disease in September of last year.  Lyme is a
sickness that attacks the cells of your body hitting you on all sides. I was
very sick with it and also picked up mono and walking pneumonia.  I was only
able to work my fall job at a local orchard a few hours in total. Because of
this I was not able to earn enough to go to language school, but I still
felt God leading me in that direction.
It has been a year and a half since I signed up for language school and now
in February 2014 it's finally happening! I KNOW that God works all things
together for good for those that love Him and are called according to His
purpose, and I know He has me in the palm of his hand.
After my parents and I prayed today we decided to step out on faith,
believing it was God's will,  and I signed up for the school. Within an hour
of that decision I got an email from Global Encounters saying that I had
some scholarship money plus extra that I didn't know I had because I
overpaid for my Ecuador trip.  Right away God provided over $1,000 for the
trip!  Combined with my savings that puts me over the half way mark!  He is
truly amazing!
I still need funds to go on this trip and equip me to spread the gospel to
Spanish speaking people. I am not asking much. If 130 people give 10
dollars, I will raise enough to make this trip. So if you have a love of
missions and hurting people around the world as I do, would you please
consider giving a 10 dollar donation via the link below! Thanks so much!
Aria
"

http://globalencounter.com/support/team-member/


No comments: